Health and Safety
Discover Zanzibar Ltd is committed to ensuring visitors have an enjoyable, safe, and memorable experience throughout their stay. We also make every effort to keep visitors and residents aware of any health risks or warnings.Travelers who arriving from Yellow Fever countries should vaccinated from Yellow Fever and poses a valid International Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate. Travelers transited from endemic countries for 12 hours or more are also entitled to be vaccinated and possess a valid International Valid of Vaccination. However, travelers exempted from Yellow Fever Vaccination are:
- Under Medical ground or
- Age below I year and above 60 years
- Pregnant woman.
Malaria is still prevalent in East Africa and so one should also take a malaria prophylaxis. There are many different kinds of medications for Malaria. However, precautions should be taken to avoid being bitten by mosquito. Apply insect repellent and sleep under mosquito nets at night. Wear long-sleeved shirts and trousers in the evenings
Code of conducts
All visitors to Zanzibar are advised to observe the following.
- Swim suits and skimpy dresses are restricted at public areas, but allowed at hotels and resort premises.
- Taking alcohol in the public may offend the residents.
- Nudity on the beach is not acceptable.
- Kissing in public or display of affection is not customary to Zanzibar.
- Taking photographs of residents without asking their permission is considered offensive.
- Military and security sensitive areas cannot be photographs.